Login for more options
CFDocument generating PDF with CFIMAGE barcodes
It may be easier to see the sample attached code. I am actually using the same code but on a larger scale getting my data from a database and looping over large numbers of products to generate these pdf's. Stripping everything extra out this code shows the problem. When creating a pdf via cfdocument and generating images using cfimage and any barcode font, there are times when 1 barcode is put into the document when it should actually be another. You can see from the example that we generate a pdf with two barcodes and two bits of text (also used in the barcodes). When the pdf is printed the second barcode scans as the data from the first. However the first bit of code is exactly the same but instead of generating a pdf simply displays the numbers and barcodes to screen. Printing those barcodes on the screen and scanning them results in the proper text coming through the barcodes. The sample code will reproduce the problem 100% of the time. Using a font other than a barcode font (and I have tried numerous barcode fonts) will not reproduce the problem. Also creating the images before hand, storing them local, and using an img tag to load them into the pdf document will not work either as it still produces the problem even with pre created images. I have attached both the cold fusion example code as well as one of the barcode fonts I have tried.
Steps to Reproduce:
Run the attached code sample.
When printing the pdf the barcodes scan the same data instead of two unique sets of data.
Each barcode should scan the associated data.
My Hardware and Environment details:
OS: Redhat Enterprise 6
Virtual Box inside a dell m605 server.
Memory For this server (virtual): 16GB
CPU (virtual): 4 duel core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU @ 2.27GHz
|Platform(s)||Linux RH Enterprise 6|
|Found In Build||9.0|
|Fixed In Build|